Radar Speed Signs Installed to Reduce Speed on National Highway
Road safety is a rising concern for many road mishaps, accidents, overspeeding, rash driving are some of the burning topics of concern. This becomesespecially more important when you are driving on the highways. Usually, manyaccidents take place on highways and this is major because of over speeding.Rash driving is an also a common scenario on the highway. Thus, there is a needfor a system or device which can keep people updated withthe speed limit.
The radar speed signs are getting popular with each passing day.Owing to their compact design, look, and features, these are a perfect way tokeep people alarmed about their speed limit and also about the speed of theapproaching vehicle.
The traffic management authorities are always looking for a systemin place that can ensure the safety of people. Management of overspendingvehicle is a tedious task and halting everyone and stopping the is doesn’tappear as an intelligent idea as one may not able to do that continuously, butintending these efforts with technology will solve the pu[pose and radar speedsigns are one such development.
These work on radio signals and based on the difference of sendingand receiving of these signals, the speed of the vehicle is calculated. Basedon the data fed in it the speed limit of the place is decided. And hence, radarspeed signs are an integral part of Intelligent Road Management Systems.
What are radar signs?
Technically radar speed signs are a communicating device whichdisplays the speed of the vehicle. They work on radio signals and based onemission and transmission of signs, the speed is decided. The sole objective ofthese sign is to alarm the driver in case they are over speeding or crossingthe speed limit. These are a variation of variable message signs which are usedto display information. The best part about this signage is that they arevisible from a long distance and hence the information definitely reaches tothe people. These constructed using LED lights which are visible to a goodrange of distance.
Radar Speed Signs are a great alternative to the traditional trafficcalming device and are known by the following names :
• Vehicle Activated Signs
• Dynamic Speed Display
• Speed Display Board
• Driver Feedback Signsetc.
Benefits of using radar speed signs :
· They can be used on highways toalarm people about speed limit
· It can be used to inform the driverabout the speed of approaching vehicle
· They can be placed in residualareas and commercial parking areas to inform people about their speed.
· They are often placed in areas ofhigh-traffic like the school zone, hospitals, parks etc.
· They can work as a traffic calmingdevices in snow-covered areas.
· They have a very fast response timeand thus, can effect inform the driver about the speed of the approachingvehicle without any delay.
· Owing to their sleek and compactdesign, and minimal space requirement for installation, they are a perfecttraffic calming device which informs the river about their speed withouthalting their way and disturbing them.